Cook Your Cupboard = Awesome

I'm loving Morning Edition's Cook Your Cupboard Tumblr. Anyone with a pantry full of half-used or never touched items can relate and appreciate the genius of this project.

In our pantry languishing right now: wheat bran, almond meal, half a bottle of rose water, pomegranate molasses, the middle eastern spices Sumac and Za'atar, and a huge bundle of buckwheat noodles. It's a lot of well-intentioned purchases, but Lord only knows how they'll wind up getting used.

The pomegranate molasses is super concentrated - I've drizzled it over Greek yogurt with some chopped apple. The buckwheat noodles I want to love but I have yet to prepare them in a way that pleases me. Rosewater? Tastes pretty nice in a summery cocktail with gin and flavored seltzer. But I don't know what else to do with it.

I can't wait to find some uses for these things, as I hate wasting food. What's in your pantry gathering dust?




 

Comments

  1. Useful info. Fortunate me I found your site by accident, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

    http://bit.ly/16W6510




    ==
    How Much Should You Drink?

    Follow these guidelines:

    http://bit.ly/16W6510

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment