We've Got It Made: Win Some, Lose Some

It's a solid week for home cooked meals at the Adams family wee apartment:

Sunday, I baked this Lemon Loaf Cake, subbing in Greek yogurt for sour cream. I also whipped up some tuna salad in advance for quick lunches this week and made this white bean dip from Giada De Laurentiis (I don't watch her show, but her recipes are featured in the 2007 Food and Wine compilation cookbook I love.) The tip is a nice change from hummus - creamier and not as "earthy" tasting, if that makes sense.

For Sunday dinner, I made these Moroccan Meatballs with Eggs, as a good friend recently gifted me with her leftover Rachel Ray magazines. Man, those babies are packed with recipes...it's almost too much for the eyes! The lamb meatballs were fantastically flavorful, but the eggs didn't set for me as they suggested, so I warmed the bowls in the oven to get them to soft-cook. It didn't really work but we ate them anyway, runny yolks and eggs whites and all, and we're both still alive and well, so no salmonella or anything to report. I'd skip the eggs next time, though.

On Monday, I tried RaRay's Basil-Infused Pasta, and this Chicken with Rosemary sauce, from Cooking Light. A win!

Last night, Scott put together this Coronation Chicken salad recipe, as it reminded us of the sandwich he scarfed down on the ferry en route to the Isle of Arran on our Scotland/England trip three years ago. Chicken and curry and mayo can't be wrong, with a little mango chutney thrown in.

As Scott usually adheres to the sweet or savory rule, I suggested he leave out the raisins and granny smith apple chunks to tamper down the sweetness. It tasted great, and I look forward to the leftovers for lunch today!

However, the grilled eggplant with yogurt sauce  was a giant miss. No flavor, and the basmati rice we cooked to accompany it was mushy. Boo. You can't win all the time.

Not quite sure what's on tap for tonight, but it's great to get back into the kitchen and explore. Hope you're having fun in your kitchen, too!

Comments

  1. Sometimes you just don't win with Eggplant. Alas! I like to grill mine in my tiny kitchen thought it sure smokes up the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, gotta love tiny apartments!We either broil eggplant or throw it on the gigantic George Foreman grill someone gave us for our wedding. It's lovely when prepared just right. Can't wait for fresh local veggies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment