Tea and Cake, or Death

"Uh, death please? No, cake, cake."



If you haven't seen Eddie Izzard's Dressed to Kill, well, I'm kinda envious, because I'd like to go back to when I saw it for the first time. British male transvestite comedian = good times, I promise you.

Sooooo...tea and cake. It's about to happen here at our house because I have this baking in the oven at the moment. I have to use up my apples, though I know they last a while in cold storage, my Virgo OCD tendencies say food needs to be eaten when fresh.

I wanted to make this apple loaf cake from Tennessee Locavore as it looked so healthy - applesauce, whole wheat pastry flour, less sugar, etc. - but I didn't have any nuts or cranberries and after my canning extravaganza last night, I was not about to make my applesauce from scratch. Thus the easy way out with the cooks.com recipe.

Maybe for a lazy day when my pantry's fully stocked? I'm now officially out of canola oil and flour!

Comments

  1. LOVE Mr. Izzard...truly a funny and intelligent guy...girl...person!!
    And, good on you for baking...ummm, I bet your kitchen smells wonderful.
    L

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment