Never Have I Ever...

Reading Julia Child's book on kitchen wisdom last night, I realized there's many a food I have zero experience with.

Here's a list of items - ingredients, products, dishes, etc - I have never worked with, in no particular order:

Creme fraiche
Fennel
Watercress
English Peas (no foolin')
Star Anise
Turnips/parsnips/rutabaga (those root vegetables)
Quince
Figs
Kim-chee
Tempeh
Veal
Herbes de Provence
A whole Chicken
Ribs
Lobster
Beets
Homemade Mayo
Capers
Poached eggs
Sushi
Lychee
Fingerling potatoes
Cocktail bitters
Baked beans


And related to this, I don't own or have never used:

A cast iron skillet (on my "To Obtain" list)
An ice cream machine, crank or electric (I don't own one, but I did crank ice cream once)
A food processor (I have a chef's knife, a blender, and a Pampered Chef food chopper)
A flour sieve
A pastry/piping bag
Cheesecloth
Pasta machine
Mandolin
Mortar and Pestle
Kitchen scale


I think I have some work to do!

Comments

  1. A mandolin? How does a musical instrument help to make a meal?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are all the food postings from our Colorado trip?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment