George Foreman is a Genius

Last night for dinner I made a veggie and cheese "panini" of sorts that turned out to be one of the best things I have eaten in a while. Bonus: I used the ginormous George Foreman Grill the size of a spare tire we received as a wedding gift nearly a year ago.


In a year I've learned how amazing the George Foreman is. You can "Foremanize" nearly everything. I've made oven fries, grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, steaks, salmon, chicken, even bananas (!) on the GFG and it works like a charm every time. It's foolproof to use and wow, that panini was a beauty to behold.


I basted slices of eggplant and zucchini with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, tyme and salt and pepper, slapped them on the GFG for a couple of minutes, and then placed the veggies and a little feta cheese and mozzarella between bread slices, and back into the GFG they went.


Ooey gooey and oh so flavorful, you didn't even notice there was nary a chunk of meat in sight.


Scott and I listened to George Foreman's success story featured on NPR's Kitchen Sisters during a recent trip to Atlanta. Apparently George grew up with little to eat as a child in Texas, so when he went into Job Corps right out of high school, he couldn't get enough of food. He's always had food on the brain, so his Foreman Grill was an extension of his desire to eat. (I'm sure boxing also fueled the hunger, too.) He currently has a summer camp for low-income children and ensures that the campers get three meals a day.


Another reason to love Mr. George Foreman.

Comments

  1. George Foremans rock. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I just don't know. I'm not on the bandwagon. I may be the only person in America who does not own a Foreman in ANY size. I like my cast iron grill pan and oven an awful lot. But alas, I can't do panini's. That sandwich sounds some good.

    Jenne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment