Mo Rockin' Food

Made a Moroccan Post Roast for "Dinner and a Movie" last night, and it was successful! A tasty meal followed by "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Good times, indeed.


Here is the recipe, culled from "Cottage Living." The chuck roast was waaaaay too fatty. Next time I would pick a lean cut of roast. This being the first roast I have ever made, I didn't know any better. If you know of a beef roast cut to suggest, send it to me!


I served the roast with couscous and a green salad with a tahini dressing I whipped up (tahini, lemon juice, water, a little honey, salt and pep, red wine vinegar and a little olive oil).


Wine from Frugal McDougal's: BOXED wine of La Petite Frog and Pino Evil.

LPF was suggested by Jenne; Pino Evil, I just liked the box, which features the three "See No Evil" monkeys. First time buying wine in a box since college. Surprise: it's hella good, easy to pour and store, and each box has 3 liters.


Nevermind that I'm not to have wine, except for my WW points on the side. With 2 pts. to a glass, I can afford a little taste now and then. And boxed wins supposedly keeps for six weeks+.





Comments

  1. Oh, that meal *was* so good! Mmmm. Now I am craving those flavors. It isn't often I have seconds on salad! That dressing was delightful. OMG, so good!

    Jenne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment