Epicurious?

Epicurious.com is a great site I visit whenever I need a quick recipe to reinvigorate the usual routine/rut of salad, pastas, stir frys, Mexican, etc.
However, Mexican is the theme tonight, as I am hosting Book Club at our place. Menu: Margaritas, cheese quesadillas, black beans, Spanish rice, and the accouterments of salsa, fresh guacamole, and cilantro on the side. Apparently quite a few people have an aversion to cilantro. I am aghast at the notion, as I can't find enough things to put it on! It's great in Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican, Indian...

It's my favorite herb by far. (Sorry, Basil.)
So, here are two recipes I downloaded from Epicurious to try.
Guacamole - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/105001
Black, Beans with Garlic, Cumim, and Cilantro (on the side!) - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/101154

I'll give 'em a whirl and letcha know how it all pans out.

PS Scott and I are currently digging on a really simple sauce you can use for kabobs, gyros, anything you want to add a little flavor to. It's basically like this: cup and a half of nonfat plain yogurt, salt, pepper, one chopped, peeled and de-seeded cucumber, three big shakes of crushed dried mint (fresh is better though but who am I kidding with the dry TN weather we've had this summer?) and for zing, a chopped jalepeno. It's heaven and it's one white sauce that won't cause coronary disease!

Erin

Comments

  1. Does this mean when I come to visit our adventures will be added to the blog bits??
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course...it's all blog worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS If anyone wants to know, both recipes came out great. The black beans with cumin were especially a hit. Although next time I will double the recipe - book clubbers are hungry people!

    Like cilantro,cumin is also an amazing flavor enhancer. I have a great cumin-rub recipe for pork chops I need to share. It's truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment